I have 8 boxes of Girl Scout cookies sitting here staring at me so I really shouldn’t be baking any but these are probably my most favorite cookies so what the hell. I ate seven of them, warm out of the oven. Mmmmmm. Actually, I broke them in half so I could tell myself I wasn’t eating a WHOLE cookie, just a half a cookie. But I had 14 half-a-cookies and now I’m too full to even think about starting dinner. Totally worth it.
Almond Sugar Cookies
Makes about 26 cookies
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease large cookie sheet; set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, honey and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir just until combined. Mixture will be a little sticky.
- Roll into ping-pong sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough, letting cookie sheet cool between batches or using second cookie sheet.
The original recipe was from Meal Makeover Moms at http://www.mealmakeovermoms.com/. They have some great recipes so you should definitely check them out.