The cute little girl in the front? Yeah, that’s how I felt after class tonight. I love them dearly, but I need a nap now. I normally wouldn’t take 19 first graders in one class. I would maybe take eight. However, a few weeks ago I recruited Mini-Me and four of her friends to help out with class so we were all set. Or so I thought. Mini-Me and the gang had a very important meeting after school on Wednesday, but it got rescheduled at the last minute to this afternoon. So instead of an army of 6, I was down to an army of one.
Luckily, the hubby stepped in to help, which was good because I would’ve been totally effed without him. And it was fun because he was kinda like my bitch because he has to do what I say. “Jay, cut the strawberries”, “Jay, wipe that up”, “Jay, tell that kid who’s picking his nose to knock it off and go wash his hands”. The best part? He works for free.
Got all the stuff from class cleaned up (sort of), made dinner and now it’s time for me to go curl up on the couch and watch Biggest Loser while I eat my Valentine’s Day chocolate. ‘Night!
I officially have a blog!!! And this is my first official post!!! WHAAAAAAAT??? Seriously, I have no idea what the hell I’m doing. But, I wrote a cookbook and ‘they’ say I should have a blog to go along with my Facebook page and website, so here I am.
I’m obviously new to this whole blog thing, so if we’re going to make this work, there are a few things you should know about me:
- I like to swear. No, I mean I REALLY like it. I’ll try to keep it relatively clean, but I make no promises.
- I just wrote a cookbook that is due to be released in a month and I still don’t have a name for it. So if you have any suggestions, I’d really appreciate it. Seriously.
- I’m a dietitian, but not one of THOSE dietitians. Read more here.
- Peanut butter is my favorite food. I’ve been known to stand at the counter with a spoon just eating it out of the jar (and I might or might not sprinkle in some chocolate chips).
- I’d rather jump in pit of snakes than have a bird anywhere near me. I hate them with every ounce of my soul.
That’s probably enough for now. I don’t want to scare you away with my first post. Until next time!